Here’s another one of our favorite dishes in our house! It all started when I had the Spicy Tuna Bowl at Bonefish Grill. I’m not a huge fan of eating just fish by itself, but I love sushi, so I thought this was a great way to eat fish without having to actually make a sushi roll.
Bonefish Grill uses rare seared tuna, so when we first made this dish, we used ahi tuna steaks. We just seared them for about a minute on each side with soy sauce and sesame seeds.
But, the great thing about this dish, is you can use any fish you’d like. Lately, since I’m pregnant and can’t have tuna, we’ve been using salmon. I am not a fan of salmon usually, but I know that it’s really good for me, so this is a perfect way to get my omega-3’s!
Here’s how we make our salmon for the bowls…
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Put Salmon on a baking sheet.
- Cover salmon with a layer of soy sauce, red pepper flakes, ginger, & sesame seeds.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until flakey.
This is just one way we like to prepare the salmon, but you can cook it however you like. In the past, we’ve even simply spread an asian sauce on it and baked it.
So, once you have your fish ready to eat, you can make your bowl.
There’s really no specific measurements and ingredients to these. You can make them however you want. However, this is what we use…
- Rice (we’ve been getting Seeds of Change Organic Brown Basmati Rice packets from Costco and they work great!)
- Shredded Carrots
- Diced Cucumbers
- Avocado Chunks
- Chow Mein (the dry crunchy ones like these)
- Chopped Green Onions
- Thai Sweet Chili Sauce (our favorite is the Mae Ploy brand, but they were out and this Panda Express wasn’t terrible)
And that’s it! Just put as much of each ingredient in your bowl as you want and eat up. So delicious and not too bad for you either!
If you liked this blog post, press like below! And if you want to share it with others, click the social media links below. And I would love to hear back from you… feel free to leave a comment!
Like any of the products I mentioned? Please purchase them via the links provided.
Want to be the first to know when I post a new blog post? Subscribe by entering your email at the bottom of the Home Page.
Your support is very appreciated!